Review of basic mathematical concepts of graphs: adjacency matrix, bipartite graphs, degrees, paths, Laplacians, random walks. Centrality measures. Similarity, homophily. Network formation models and temporal networks. Diffusion, percolation and resilience in networks. Dynamic systems and control theory in networks. Network games. Applications to epidemics, academic citation networks and crime networks.
- Stanley Wasserman, Katherine Faust. Social Network Analysis: Methods and Applications. 1994.
- Albert-László Barabási, Márton Pósfai. Network Science, Cambridge University Press, <http://barabasi.com/networksciencebook/>
- Song Yang, Franziska B Keller, Lu Zheng. Social Network Analysis: Methods and Examples
- Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. Linked. The New Science of Networks (Portuguese) Hardcover - January 1, 2009
- Ademir Gabardo. Social Network Analysis
- Charles Kadushin. Understanding Social Networks: Theories, Concepts, and Findings. Oxford University Press; 1 edition
- Mark Newman. Networks: An Introduction. first edition. Oxford University Press.
- Monge, P. R. & Contractor, N. S. Theories of communication networks. New York: Oxford University Press. 2003.