FGV EMAp - School of Applied Mathematics - was created in 2011 with the purpose of developing contemporary mathematics, adapted to the challenges of the information and knowledge era. Aware of the growing demand in the labor market for professionals capable of using mathematical techniques and increasingly sophisticated computational models, EMAp prepares its students to work in strategic sectors of public and private organizations, in addition to qualifying them for academic research and consultancy projects.
The School of Applied Mathematics provides undergraduate and master courses, stimulating research and development projects, as well as internal and external institutional partnerships.
Thus, the School's mission is to obtain and transfer mathematical-based scientific and technological knowledge that can be applied, mainly, in Human and Social Sciences related areas.
Director of EMAp: César Camacho
Vice-Director: Claudio José Struchiner
Coordination of the Undergraduate Program in Applied Mathematics: Hugo A. De La Cruz Cansino
Coordination of the Undergraduate Program in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence: Yuri Fahham Saporito
Coordination of the Master and Ph.D. Program: César Camacho
Technical Scientific Council
The Technical Scientific Council (TSC) is a consultative body to the School's Board in the formulation of guidelines, analysis, and evaluation of results achieved, as well as in the development of external relations for FGV EMAp.
*reappointed as a member
FGV EMAp's Assessment Commission (CPA, in Portuguese) is responsible for conducting the institution's internal evaluation processes and for providing the information requested by the National Institute for Educational Studies and Research Anísio Teixeira (INEP).
Formed by eight members, the CPA ensures equal participation of all segments of the academic community and society, containing representatives of professors, students, technical-administrative staff, and organized civil society.
- I - Representative of the Faculty - Professor Yuri Fahham Saporito - President/Faculty
- II - Representative of the Faculty - Professor Hugo Alexander de la Cruz Cancino
- III - Student Representatives - Eduardo Adame Salles (Undergraduate)
- IV - Student Representatives - Pablo Aguiar De Maio (Doctorate)
- V - Representative of the Administrative Technical Staff - Claudia Helena Peçanha Cossich
- VI - Representative of the Administrative Technical Staff – Ivone Vicente da Costa Santos
- VII - Representative of Organized Civil Society - Elisa Mussumeci Calazans
- VIII - Representative of Organized Civil Society – Fernanda Scovino Machado