Pedagogical Support Center (NAP)
FGV's Pedagogical Support Center (NAP, in Portuguese) is a sector specialized in pedagogical and psycho-pedagogical assistance to students, as well as didactic-pedagogical support to teachers and coordinators of the undergraduate courses at FGV schools in Rio de Janeiro.
FGV NAP is the reference channel for students, with the objective of serving them in their individual and/or collective, emotional and/or cognitive needs and in any other way of learning, being and relating to the interdisciplinary and dynamic world of higher education knowledge.
The sector develops welcoming strategies for students and, through qualified listening and counseling, seeks to understand their demands to act by creating better pedagogical conditions that aim to favor the intellectual and emotional development of these young people in this new stage of life, thus trying to prevent academic failure.
Furthermore, FGV NAP adopts an active approach to seeking out students' statements about their experience during academic activities, their doubts, suggestions and special needs.
Main functions of NAP:
- Carry out the pedagogical and psycho-pedagogical monitoring of the student, from the moment of their entry until the completion of their curriculum;
- Welcoming, supporting and guiding students who seek help for their conflicts and difficulties and, through qualified listening, identify any emotional commitment. If this is the case, the NAP's mission is to guide the search for professional help;
- Assist the student to overcome challenges, to establish new interpersonal relationships and to adapt to the new social environment;
- Offer pedagogical support to academic practices, study activities, monitoring and cognitive development of students;
- Develop individual study guidance for students who have learning difficulties;
- Organize workshops and lectures on topics relevant to students' intellectual and emotional development;
- Monitor the academic performance of the classes and promote educational meetings with the coordinators of the courses and teachers;
- Promote meetings with class representatives and other student entities.
Pedagogical Coordination: Helena Giolito
Pedagogical Technical Assistant: Tatiane Rosa Santos
Pedagogical Support Team: Bruna Ruffoni, Claudia Cossich e Karine Pimentel
Schedules: Monday to Friday, from 7 am to 5 pm
Location: Sede FGV - Praia de Botafogo, 190 - 3º floor, Room 309
Phone: +55 (21) 3799-5910