Scalable Systems. Parallel Computing. MPI programming. MultiProcessing. Programming in GPU and CUDA. Algorithms: Map-reduce and implementations: Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig and Spark. Cloud Computing Solutions. Frameworks for Parallel Computing. Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Tom White. Hadoop: The Definitive Guide, Fourth Edition, by (O'Reilly) (ISBN 978-1-4919-0163-2) <http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/1373297>
- Jimmy Lin and Chris Dyer. Data-Intensive Text Processing with MapReduce. (Morgan & Claypool) (ISBN 978-1608453429) <http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/1594416>
- Kai Hwang, Jack Dongarra & Geoffrey C. Fox. Distributed and Cloud Computing: Clusters, Grids, Clouds, and the Future Internet. <https://www.elsevier.com/books/distributed-and-cloud-computing/hwang/978-0-12-385880-1>
- Michael Armbrust, Armando Fox, Rean Griffith, Anthony D. Joseph, Randy Katz, Andy Konwinski, Gunho Lee, David Patterson, Ariel Rabkin, Ion Stoica, and Matei Zaharia. 2010. The view of cloud computing. Commun. ACM 53, 4 (April 2010), 50-58. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/1721654.1721672
- Jeffrey Dean and Sanjay Ghemawat. 2008. MapReduce: simplified data processing on large clusters. Commun. ACM 51, 1 (January 2008), 107-113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/1327452.1327492
- Li, Kuan-Ching. Handbook of Research on Scalable Computing Technologies, Volumes 1-2. IGI Global
- Holden, Andy, and Patrick. Learning Spark: Lightning-Fast Big Data Analysis. O'Reilly. 2015.